Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc.,
THE OFFICAL TRAVEL AGENT FOR THE ATHENS CLASSIC MARATHON, has been working closely with SEGAS (hellenic amateur athletic association), that administers the marathon.
We hope you’ll consider participating in one of our tour packages. Whether you do so or not, we want this site to be useful to you. Apostolos Greek Tours strives to serve the entire running community —not just our own customers.
From 1997 through 2016 Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc. is the official North American representative for the Athens Classic Marathon. During this time period we received the following endorsement from the organizing committee.
S.E.G.A.S. (official organizing committee) endorsement.
Apostolos Greek Tours, as the Official North America Representative has worked closely with the Athens Classic Marathon organizing committee for the past 10 years. The organizing committee highly recommends Apostolos Greek Tours to all US and Canadian runners because Apostolos Greek Tours offers the most complete support packages. They’re knowledge of Greece and the needs of runners exceeds all others.
Why hundred’s of runners choose our tours
- Enjoy the true spirit of Greece. Our most popular tour package, the 12 Day/11 Night Tour, captures the very essence of Greece-the spirit of ancient heroism that makes the Athens Marathon the unique event it is.
- Personal and Friendly. Participation in our packages are limited. This insures that you receive the maximum individual coaching from Jeff Galloway (via email). This gives your host Paul Samaras and his professional guides plenty of time to help you enjoy the rich history and culture of Greece to its fullest. This is the perfect size group for having fun and making new friends.
- Unique runner support, including no-hassle registration, entry fees, race orientation, coaching by Jeff Galloway(via email), transportation to and from the run, our own sweep car, high-energy snacks, extra support at the half and the finish, and much more. Entry fees and processing are guaranteed and included with all our packages.
- Best airfares. Look for updates in late January.
- No hassles. Apostolos Greek Tours offers you a way to get the enjoyment without any hassle, to concentrate on what’s important- running and experiencing Greece to its fullest.
Won’t you join us?
Our tour packages are not your typical tours.
Click Here to see what our participants have to say.
An open letter from Paul Samaras, your host:
Thank you for your interest in our Athens Marathon packages.As a Greek native now living in the United States, I take a lot of pride in escorting runners and sharing the Greek history and culture with everyone. My goal has always been to help each runner enjoy Athens and the marathon as much as possible.It all started as a labor of love in 1994 and continues to this very day. My staff and I provide personal and friendly service from the time you arrive in Athens until the time you leave. We take care of all of the details so you can relax and enjoy your participation in the marathon and all of the finer things to see and do when visiting Athens.The Greek history that inspired western culture as we know it today has continued its inspiration to all sports especially the marathon. The Athens Marathon starts in the historical town of Marathon and finishes in Athens in the historical marble stadium that was built for the first modern Olympics in 1896 adjacent to the Acropolis.
Visiting a new destination can be awkward and confusing to the first time visitor. Things move at a much slower pace and it takes longer to get to places than one might expect. I have learned from personal experience that it takes at least two days to get familiar with a new destination. I realize that a person’s vacation time is precious and valuable and I’ve designed our support packages to maximize your time in Athens and avoid the small stresses that first time visitors are often confronted with.
I realize that price is important to everyone and sometimes things look much cheaper on the internet but by the time you pay for all of the daily expenses and extras you have actually spent about the same or more than if you had gone with one of our hassle free packages.
Athens has so much wonderful history and there are so many great things to see and do that if you go alone you often miss them. Being unfamiliar with a destination can be challenging and time consuming. Our programs, along with our personal service eliminates all of that.
I hope you join us and allow my staff and me to help you maximize your visit to Athens and your participation in the Athens Marathon.Sincerely,