Our 12 day / 11 night Tour Package includes…
- Guaranteed Marathon Entry, Entry Fee and Processing.
- Addition race support (please see left panel).
- All ground transportation and transfers.
- (Transfer from hotel to the airport not included, our staff will assist with details.)
- Airport transfers are provided for you if you are arriving November 9th between 10am and 7pm.
- We will provide buses approximately ever two hours as arrivals require. If you need a different time, our staff at the airport will assist you with a taxi.
Taxi fares are approximately 40 Euros (extra cost).
- We will be happy to arrange for a private taxi/driver to meet you at the airport and bring you to the hotel if you are outside our normal arrival times. The rate for the private taxi and driver is 60 Eurors per taxi.
- Lodging at a quality 4 star quality hotel. Close to the ocean
- Most Dinners and Three Lunches
- Arrival orientation with appetizers
- Buffet breakfast every morning.
- Pasta dinner the night before the Marathon.
- Gala awards dinner and party. Four-course sit-down banquet in the hotel ballroom, with an international DJ, Greek folk dancers in traditional costumes, audience participation and lots of fun. You get a medal, a certificate, T-shirt, classical vase depicting ancient runners, and an olive wreath.
- Transportation to and from the Marathon. Support staff ready to assist you throughout the Marathon.
- Entry fees to attractions and archeological wonders.
- Excursion to Delphi. The temple of Apollo. Site of the oracle where mortals communicated with the gods.
- Explore ancient Mycenae.“The town rich with gold.” The Palace of King Agamemnon, who fought for Helen of Troy. We will also view the lion gate and beehive-style tombs.
- We will visit the ancient city of Olympia, the birth place of the first Olympics 776 B. C. We can run the ancient stadium and visit its magnificent museum with many classical statues and see the Helmet of Militiades, the Athenian General of the Battle of Marathon. Olympia is also the location of the lighting of the Olympic Flame.
- Tour the beautiful and historic city of Athens and shop the many fine shops of the Plaka, and the local Flea Market.
- Experience the sanctuary of Asclepius, the god of healing. Close by is the 14,000 seat open-air theater, known for its outstanding acoustics.
Optional cruise to three Aegean Islands—Hydra, Poros and Aegina includes transfers, taxes, lunch and entertainment. (The cruise is not included in the basic tour package, the cost is $160.00 USD). If you would like to extend your stay after the Marathon, Apostolos Greek Tours will be happy to help you make arrangements. (extra hotel nights are $140.00 per night for a double room)